9.28.2008

Just ran the NYRR 18 mile Marathon Tune up race. I am committed to breaking the rules of the tapper. I always feel I tapper too much and don't have the conditioning once marathon time comes around. I am going to keep training. I will run the Gretta half marathon next weekend. The run was good, too humid. But I was feeling good. The race was good. I love running long the morning after learning about a world record being broken. Haile Gebrselassie broke the world record this morning in Berlin. That is awesome 2:03:59. The fall marathon season has started and I can feel the spirit around.

Chicago two weeks to go, it will be great. Hopefully I can PR. I think my season will be good. Chicago, NYC and maybe an ultra. We will see. Hopefully I can keep my goal of no more than 12 weeks between marathons in 09 and then move up to ultras.

But being on the east coast, it sucks that there are not that many ultras. I need to move to California to have more choices. I know Sri Chomney people have ultras all the time, but I am not running an ultra around a Flushing Meadows park.

I am excited about the season. I love the new shoe I am wearing the Brooks Ghost. Kick ass shoe, it should help.

As I sit here watchng Gebreselassie brake the record and then watch some baseball and football. This is going to be a good marathon season for everyone. See ya next time I post.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.